He also runs in-services for instructors of massage therapy, covering topics such as how to teach muscles, muscle palpation, kinesiology, and more; as well as in-services for Pilates and yoga instructors and fitness trainers on all subjects of musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology, and kinesiology.
- Dr. Muscolino is a licensed chiropractic physician with a private practice in Stamford, CT.
- Dr. Joe teaches anatomy and physiology at Purchase College, State University of New York (SUNY).
- He also taught kinesiology and musculoskeletal and visceral anatomy, physiology, and pathology courses at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT) from 1986 - 2010.
- Dr. Muscolino is also an approved provider by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) for continuing education (CE) credit for massage therapists and bodyworkers and runs numerous advanced study workshops.
- He offers a Certification in Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) around the US and the world.
- COMT is open to all manual and movement therapists/instructors/trainers, including massage therapists, Rolfers, physical and occupational therapists, Pilates and yoga instructors, fitness trainers, and university professors. COMT covers orthopedic and palpation assessment, body mechanics for deep soft tissue manipulation, stretching (beginner and advanced), and Arthrofascial Stretching (AFS) - Soft Tissue (Grade IV) Joint Mobilization.
- Dr. Muscolino served as a subject matter expert on the Exam and Continuing Education committees of the NCBTMB.
- He is a member of the Editorial Review Operational Committee (EROC) for the Massage Therapy Journal.
- Dr. Muscolino is the author of eight major publications with Mosby of Elsevier Science and two major publications with Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
- The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual with Trigger Points, Referral Patterns, and Stretching, 2nd Edition
- Kinesiology, The Skeletal System and Muscle Function, 2nd Edition
- The Muscular System Manual, The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body, 3rd Edition
- Manual Therapy for the Low Back and Pelvis: A Clinical Orthopedic Approach
- Advanced Treatment Techniques for the Manual Therapist: Neck
- Mosby's Trigger Point Flip Chart with Referral Patterns and Stretching
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy Coloring Book, 2nd Edition
- Flashcards for Palpation, Trigger Points, and Referral Patterns
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy Flashcards, 2nd Edition
- Flashcards For Bones, Joints, and Actions of the Human Body, 2nd Edition
- And he has also contributed to and written the foreword for multiple textbooks by other authors in the field of manual and movement therapy.
- Dr. Muscolino writes a regular column article entitled Body Mechanics for the Massage Therapy Journal (mtj). He has also written articles for the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies (jbmt), Massage Magazine, Massage Today, The Journal of the Australian Association of Massage Therapists, the Australian Journal of the Association of Massage Therapists, Massage Australia Magazine, Terra Rosa e-magazine, and the e-newsletter Deep.
- Joe Muscolino's wife, Simona Cipriani, is a certified Pilates Instructor and has been teaching Authentic Pilates since 1995. She owns and runs her own Pilates Studios, The Art of Control (please click here for her website), at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Purchase, New York, and in Stamford, CT. She is also a licensed Massage Therapist in the states of Connecticut and New York and a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner.