Learnmuscles.com covers all things musculoskeletal (neuro-myo-fascio-skeletal), from foundational anatomy and physiology (kinesiology) and pathomechanics, to hands-on manual and movement therapy assessment and treatment techniques.
Learnmuscles.com is primarily dedicated to manual and movement therapists, instructors, trainers, and physicians, but is oriented toward anyone interested in manual and movement therapy.
About Dr. Joe Muscolino
- Dr. Joe Muscolino developed LearnMuscles with the mission of providing a unique curriculum for manual therapists and movement professionals, sharing his three decades of knowledge and insight. Offering both practitioners and students training in what he wishes had been available during his early years – the integration of fundamental anatomy and physiology with critical thinking skills.
– Dr. Joe designs his coursework to empower therapists by strengthening their assessment and treatment capabilities.
He is a global lecturer, author of more than 90 articles, and has had multiple textbooks published by Elsevier and LWW that are used for both core curriculum and clinical practice references.
What therapists and educators say about Dr. Joe:
“Inspiring and passionate presentation”
“Integrates fundamental anatomy with manual therapy, empowering the students”
“easy to follow, thorough yet simple to understand”
More about Dr. Joe Muscolino
- Dr. Muscolino is a licensed soft-tissue oriented chiropractic physician with a private practice in Stamford, CT. He has been in practice since 1985.
- Dr. Joe taught anatomy and physiology at Purchase College, State University of New York (SUNY) for five years.
- He also taught kinesiology and musculoskeletal and visceral anatomy, physiology, and pathology courses at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT) from 1986 – 2010.
- Dr. Muscolino is also an approved provider by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) for continuing education (CE) credit and runs numerous CE workshops for manual therapists and movement professionals.
- He offers multiple levels of Certification in Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) around the US and the world.
- He also has multiple video streaming subscription courses for manual therapists and movement professionals, as well as educational institutions.
- Dr. Muscolino is the author of multiple textbooks published by Elsevier and LWW that are used for both core curriculum and clinical practice references.
- Dr. Muscolino has written over 90 journal articles, published in the United States and worldwide.
- Joe Muscolino’s wife, Simona Cipriani, is a certified Pilates Instructor and has been teaching Authentic Pilates since 1995. She owns and runs her own Pilates Studio, The Art of Control in Stamford, CT. She is also a licensed Massage Therapist in the states of Connecticut and New York, and a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner.