• Palpation and orthopedic assessment,
• body mechanics,
• soft tissue manipulation (massage),
• myofascial stretching (basic and advanced techniques),
• arthrofascial stretching (AFS: Grade IV joint mobilization for manual therapists),
• treatment strategy
…are all woven into each of the five hands-on workshops.
Completion of any and all of the five hands-on workshops as part of the full COMT Certification will refine how you apply your techniques in clinical orthopedic manual and movement rehabilitative care, thus distinguishing you in your practice!
Who is COMT for? COMT is designed for massage therapists and other manual therapists and movement professionals.
COMT Certification – Skillset Approach comprises five in-person workshops. *
* any one of the five can be taken as a home-study course on LearnMuscles Continuing Education (LMCE) (free for LMCE subscribers)
Note: Four of the five COMT skillset-approach workshops have been videoed and placed on the LearnMuscles Continuing Education (LMCE) site. The 5th will be added soon.
COMT Certification – Regional Approach and COMT Certification – Skillset Approach cover the same in-person workshop content. The difference is the organization in which the content is delivered. COMT Certification – Regional Approach addresses the content by region of the body. In each regional workshop, the various skillsets (orthopedic and palpation assessment, body mechanics, stretching, joint mobilization [arthrofascial stretching], and treatment strategy) are applied to the region of that workshop. Whereas COMT Certification – Skillset Approach is organized by the skillset.
Note: COMT Certification – Skillset Approach has no home-study book-related distance learning requirements.
ONLINE home-study version of COMT Certification - Skillset Approach
- This is a home-study version of the Level 1 COMT Certification – Skillset Approach.
- All five 2-day workshops* can be taken/attended as home-study courses on line at LearnMuscles Continuing Education (LMCE), free for LMCE subscribers.
- View the workshop and pass the quiz to earn the Certificate of Achievement as proof of having completed the home-study course (NCBTMB CE credit is also earned).
1. Palpation Assessment
2. Orthopedic Assessment
3. Body Mechanics
5. AFS (Grade IV Joint Mobilization for Manual Therapists)
For more information regarding workshop content, contact Dr. Joe Muscolino at email@example.com or call 203-788-7635.
Note: Cancellation Policy: All fees paid for workshops are non-refundable. You may find someone to take your place, but must notify us in advance of the person’s name and contact information.