Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) is not a new technique that offers cookbook solutions. The goal of COMT Certification is to empower the therapist/trainer/instructor to think critically and then creatively apply their assessment and treatment techniques. Dr. Joe Muscolino does this by marrying together the fundamental techniques that underlie manual and movement therapies, with the known principles of kinesiology, in other words, neuro-myo-fascio-skeletal anatomy and physiology.
• Palpation and orthopedic assessment,
• body mechanics,
• soft tissue manipulation (massage),
• myofascial stretching (basic and advanced techniques),
• arthrofascial stretching (AFS: Grade IV joint mobilization for manual therapists),
• treatment strategy
…are all woven into each of the five hands-on workshops.
Completion of any and all of the five hands-on workshops as part of the full COMT Certification will refine how you apply your techniques in clinical orthopedic manual and movement rehabilitative care, thus distinguishing you in your practice!
COMT Certification – Skillset Approach comprises five in-person workshops. *
* any one of the five can be taken as a home-study course on Digital COMT (free for Digital COMT subscribers)
Note: Not all of the COMT workshops have yet been videoed and placed on the Digital COMT site. I will be rolling them out as I can. But eventually, all of the Level 1 COMT workshops will be there.
COMT Certification – Regional Approach and COMT Certification – Skillset Approach cover the same in-person workshop content. The difference is the organization in which the content is delivered. COMT Certification – Regional Approach addresses the content by region of the body. In each regional workshop, the various skillsets (orthopedic and palpation assessment, body mechanics, stretching, joint mobilization [arthrofascial stretching], and treatment strategy) are applied to the region of that workshop. Whereas COMT Certification – Skillset Approach is organized by the skillset.
Note: COMT Certification – Skillset Approach has no home-study book-related distance learning requirements.
HOME-STUDY version of COMT Certification - Skillset Approach
- This is a home-study version of the Level 1 COMT Certification – Skillset Approach.
- All five 2-day workshops* can be taken/attended as home-study courses on line at Digital COMT, free for Digital COMT subscribers.
- View the workshop and pass the quiz to earn the Certificate of Achievement as proof of having completed the home-study course (NCBTMB CE credit is also earned).
- Note: Two or more of the five courses via home-study qualify for this Home-Study Certification.
*Not all of the COMT workshops have yet been videoed and placed on the Digital COMT site. I will be rolling them out as I can. But eventually, all of the Level 1 COMT workshops will be there.
Dear Dr. Joe, I attended your workshop last week in Vermont. I loved it!! As a Massage Therapist & Certified Athletic Trainer, I have found it challenging to find workshops that satisfy my continuing education requirements for both professions. Unfortunately, it has been a really long time since I have been that engaged in a workshop. I am passionate about “raising the bar” for the massage therapy profession. I too, agree that massage therapists need a more solid foundation in Anatomy & Physiology. Attending your workshop reminded me of my days at Springfield College where my professors challenged me to as you say think critically & creatively apply. I look forward to attending your workshop next November in Vermont.Maureen, Massage Therapist and Certified Athletic Trainer
1. Palpation Assessment
2. Orthopedic Assessment
3. Body Mechanics
5. AFS (Grade IV Joint Mobilization for Manual Therapists)
More information coming soon!
Schedule of Workshops
For more information, contact Dr. Joe Muscolino at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-788-7635.
Wow! Great seminar! The key ingredient was your heart. You give it to each and every one of us. Your enthusiasm is boundless! A fan of yours, forever!Rich R., Licensed Massage Therapist