- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
- Distal anterior femoral shaft into the knee joint capsule.
- Pulls the knee joint capsule proximally.
- The articulates genus is extremely small and thin and located deep to the quadriceps femoris musculature in the distal anterior thigh.
- The articularis genus contracts synergistically with the quadriceps femoris so that as the quads pull the tibia proximally (into extension), the articularis genus pulls the knee joint capsule proximally. This prevents the knee joint capsule from being pinched between the patella and femur.