- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
The Mylohyoid is a member of the Suprahyoid Group, which is composed of the:
- The mylohyoid attaches from the mandible to the hyoid bone.
- Depresses of the mandible at the temporomandibular joints (TMJs).
- Flexes the neck at the spinal joints.
- Elevates the hyoid bone.
NOTE: The right and left mylohyoid muscles meet each other in the midline of the neck, forming a median fibrous raphe.