- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
- The brachialis attaches from the distal half of the anterior shaft of the humerus to the ulnar tuberosity.
- Flexes the forearm at the elbow joint.
- Flexes the arm at the elbow joint (reverse closed-chain action).
- The brachialis is one of the three “B”s of elbow joint flexion. The other two are the biceps brachii and brachioradialis.
- Behind every great biceps brachii is a great brachialis. 🙂