- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
The Corrugator Supercilii is a muscle of facial expression of the eye. The muscles of facial expression of the eye are:
- Orbicularis Oculi
- Levator Palpebrae Superioris
- Corrugator Supercilii
- Inferior frontal bone to the fascia/skin above the eyebrow.
- Draws the eyebrow inferomedially.
- The word corrugator is Latin for wrinkled; think corrugated cardboard. The corrugator supercilii is so-named because it wrinkles the skin superomedial to the eye.
- Contraction of the corrugator supercilii can also help to shield the eye from bright sunlight.