- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
- Protracts the scapula at the scapulocostal joint.
- Depresses the scapula at the scapulocostal joint.
- Downwardly rotates the scapula at the scapulocostal joint.
- Elevates ribs #3-5 at the sternocostal and costospinal joints.
- The pectoralis minor is one of three muscles that attach to the coracoid process of the scapula. The other two are the coracobrachialis and the short head of the biceps brachii.
- The pectoralis minor is involved in Pectoralis Minor Syndrome, one of the four types of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.