- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com)
The extensor indicis is stretched with flexion of the index finger at the metacarpophalangeal, and proximal and distal interphalangeal joints, and flexion of the wrist joint with extension of the elbow joint.
- This stretching protocol will also stretch the fibers of the extensor digitorum that go to the index finger.
- The extensor indicis is one of four muscles in the deep distal posterior forearm.
The muscles of the deep distal posterior forearm are the: