- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
The Palmaris Brevis could be considered to be a member of the Hypothenar Eminence Group of intrinsic muscles of the hand, composed of the:
- The transverse carpal ligament and the palmar aponeurosis to the dermis of the ulnar/medial border of the palm of the hand.
- The transverse carpal ligament is also known as the flexor retinaculum.
- wrinkles the skin of the palm
NOTE: Wrinkling the skin of the palm can help to increase grip strength when holding an object with the hand.