- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
There are four rotator cuff muscles (SITS):
- All four rotator cuff muscles attach onto tubercles of the head of the humerus (greater and lesser tubercles).
- The rotator cuff muscles function primarily to stabilize the head of the humerus into the glenoid fossa of the scapula when the distal end of the humerus is being raised into the air.