- Click here for access to the full Anatomy Glossary.
- Right click on the image for a downloadable file of this muscle.
- Use of this artwork requires proper credit to be given (Permission: Dr. Joe Muscolino. www.learnmuscles.com – art work Giovanni Rimasti)
The Risorius is a muscle of facial expression of the mouth. The muscles of facial expression of the mouth are:
- Levator Labii Superioris Alaeque Nasi (also a muscle of fascial expression of the nose)
- Levator Labii Superioris
- Zygomaticus Minor
- Zygomaticus Major
- Levator Anguli Oris
- Depressor Anguli Oris
- Depressor Labii Inferioris
- Orbicularis Oris
- Fascia/skin of the cheek to the angle/corner of the mouth.
- Draws laterally the angle/corner of the mouth.
NOTE: The word risorius is Latin for laughing.